Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #48023
Because health is about more than the body.
Illnesses & Grief
• Addressing existential issues such as body changes, mortality, loss, and grief; and psychological issues such as altered self-concept, depression, and anxiety;
• Helping patients and/or families cope with and understand their symptoms and prognoses, and providing direct and indirect support as they undertake the difficult and often unwelcome task of changing their lifestyle and habits or undergo complex, stressful treatments;
• Incorporating collateral work with family members, friends, and caregivers to weave support and insight into as many aspects of the patients’ daily lives as possible;
• Providing individual psychotherapy for caregivers and family members who might experience complex emotions such as anxiety, guilt, loss, anger, and depression related to their roles in the lives of medical patients;
• Sharing – with patients’ permission – insights into patients’ emotional lives with physicians to deepen their understanding of variables that might represent both symptomatic presentation and treatment compliance.
Please feel free to call Molly or visit their group website to learn more!